Electoral Commission Biometric Voting System
In 2012 Super Tech was contracted by the Electoral Commission of Ghana (EC) to design a biometric voting system. The Commission was interested in eliminating incidents of multiple voting and identity theft while preparing for the upcoming elections. Super Tech developed a multi-disciplinary integrated solution that was deployed in two stages.
The first stage included the creation of a national biometric voter’s registration of 14 million eligible voters in just 60 days:
- Production of Cold laminated voter ID cards containing unique voter ID number, picture and barcode.
- Provision of tier 3 data centre and data network.
- Distribution of 8000 kits of Central Automated Biometric Identification System
- Training of 20,000 EC system operators.
- Development and implementation of Voter Management System.
- Prevent duplication or fraud in the new voters register.
- Allocate voters to a specific polling station.
The second stage included the Biometric registration and verification system which consisted of:
- Supply of 70,000 Biometric Verification devices (BVD).
- Preparation of the BVDs with constituency information from the register.
- Training of the 70,000 people for the verification process on the polling stations during Election Day.
The above solution demonstrates Super Tech's capabilities to integrate multiple solutions such as system development, fully redundant data centre and disaster recovery site, communication between all sites and physical security, to create a flawless turnkey solution in a short period of just 18 months. This resulted in Ghana being the first nation to use a biometric voting system on Election Day.
Click On A Project To View Details