As part of a team whose responsibilities include 24×7 management of NOC (Satellite devices , Routers, Switches, MPLS, Firewalls and Monitoring tools), the primary responsibility of the Senior Network Engineer is to support the NOC activities of STL environment.
- Performs basic configuration and implementation of network and security devices for deployment.
- Performs basic configuration and deploy of Cisco and non- cisco routers and Switches such as Cisco 2960/3750 switches, Cisco routers 1900/2900 and HP 5800 Devices switches.
- Configures and administrators other Network devices such VSAT modem, Radwin radio, WiMax and Alvarion VL
- Clearly defines and escalates problems to Tier 2 (Senior Network Engineers) on issues needing further investigation.
- Conducts proactive maintenance activities designed to ensure optimal operation of the network.
- Provides information captured on network performance from monitoring tools for further analysis
- Ensures basic information such as main network configuration details and setups are well captured, documented, always updated and accessible to all relevant team members
- Monitors Network for traffic utilization, Network Security, Network device resource utilization & Backups. Monitoring tools to be used include solarwinds, Cacti, PRTG and whatsupgold.
- Manages Network devices using tools like Alvarion BreezeConfig, Alvarion NMS, Gilat NMS, Allot NX and CiscoWorks
- Performs on-call duties and overtime as required including working on weekends and at night, all to ensure problems are addressed either remotely or on site in a timely manner
- Minimum of 2 year hands-on experience in the implementation and management of routers and switches in any company
- Any of the following:
- Degree in Networking or equivalent
- Professional certification – CCNA or MCSE
- Ability to interpret Network monitoring tools
- Strong problem-solving skills; proactively recognizes needs, anticipates issues, and develops solutions
- Team Player